بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Islamic Writing Prompts
A few years ago, I taught at a non-profit Islamic school. But I didn’t teach about Islam. I was an academic teacher—my job was to teach Math, Science, Social Studies, and English. But when it came to writing, I had no idea how to come with ideas to get my students to write. And to write something that is both valuable to them and pleasing to Allah (SWT). I searched tons of writing prompts and finally came up with a list for my students. Please feel free to use these prompts to get your students or children writing and adjust them to their abilities. (Perfect for homeschooling, too!) In sha Allah, their writing will improve with every prompt. I will update this post with more prompts in the future, in sha Allah.
Here is the prompts list: (also a list of ideas for mini lessons on certain Islamic topics for homeschooling!)
- Duas you want Allah to accept
- Surahs you know/want to know
- Resonating Quranic quotes
- Gratitude List to Allah
- List of ways to do charity
- How to be a better Muslim
- How to earn money the halal way
- 99 Names of Allah Challenge
- Ramadan (Fasting) Diary
- What you like about being a Muslim?
- Would you rather be an Alim/Alima, Hafiz/Hafiza or both? (Make sure to introduce these terms beforehand)
- Have you ever been to Mecca and/or Madina? If not, would you like to go? What are some things you’d like to see/do there?
- What do you think Jannah is like?
- List of Muslim names you find interesting
- What does your name mean?
- If you could meet Muhammad (SAW), what would you ask him?
- Which Sahaba (RA) would you want to meet?
- How would you increase your ibadah (worship)?
- What hardships have you asked Allah for help?
- How do you know when it’s time for salaah?
- List of all hadith you know
- What do you like about Islam (if someone asked)?
- What are some things you want to learn about Islam?
- Laylatul Qadr: Read the surah and its translation. What does this surah mean and how does it apply to you?
May Allah (SAW) increase our knowledge. Ameen.